Enrolment Steps for the Middle Years Programme
Welcome to Matija Gubec International School! We are delighted that you have chosen to enrol your child with us!
We desire our Admission process to be clear, diligent, and as simple as possible. To facilitate this process, we have provided below the important forms you will need to review and complete as a part of the Admission process.
Steps to Enrol
Step 1 – Application
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Original of the most recent report card
- Court interpreter transcript of the applicant’s latest report card in Croatian (if the applicant does not come from an IB school)
- Certificate of a completed primary school year issued by the previous school
- Copy of the applicant identification document, i.e. passport, showing the applicant’s date of birth, nationality, residency status and the spelling of the full name – for foreign nationals only
- Copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Citizenship („Domovnica“) - for Croatian nationals only
- Two photos (35 x 45 mm)
Step 2 – Recognition
The recognition procedure is started at the request of the applicant who acquired foreign education qualification, or foreign document about finished or partly attended primary education. The request with the corresponding documentation is to be submitted to the Admission Office of the School.
Once the Admission Office has received a complete set of application paper, we will consider your child for admission and the admission process begins. Consequently you will receive a confirmation of receipt of application papers by email. If a place is available, the Admission Office will confirm shortly after. When the child’s name is placed on the respective waiting list, we will immediately get in touch with you again when a place is available.
Step 3 – Interview
Once all the necessary forms are received, the Principal will review the application information and then arrange an interview with the applicant and parents/guardians.
Step 4 – Testing
Further academic evaluation of the student will be scheduled to best determine admission acceptance. MYP 0, 1, 2 and 3 candidates are tested in English (interview and writing) and Math. Their results are used to see the student's previous knowledge in the key subjects. However, the student must have some prior knowledge of English (grammar: past, present and future tenses and basic vocabulary). Any student who fails to meet the language requirements can not be admitted to the programme.
Step 5 – Decision on admission
Please note that it is the Admission Office who takes the final decision on acceptance. The process of review usually takes a couple of days and once the decision is made the Admission Office will contact you immediately.
Step 6 – Registration
After the admission approval by the Admission Office, the MYP coordinator will call you to schedule a registration appointment. The following will occur at this time:
- Payment of the enrolment fee in the amount of HRK 3,000.00 (non-refundable/non-transferable) (School fee payment details)
- Complete and sign the Agreement Form
Schedule a Visit
You can learn about Matija Gubec International School by visiting our website, but we also invite you to experience the school first-hand by scheduling a visit to the School. Please contact the School office at 01/36 47 025 for a tour of the school.