Welcome Back to the Second Term - MYP Transitioning to Online Learning
Dear MYP Students and Parents,
Welcome back from the winter break and to the beginning of the second term. We hope you are all fine and well.
As of Monday 18/01/2021 we are temporarily transitioning to online learning. Online class sessions will be delivered via Zoom according to the regular timetable. The timetable has been sent to you by email. The students will log in at pre-scheduled times.
Web Meetings/Zoom Rules
- You are expected to be on time and to participate in the video conferencing lessons on a regular basis according to the enclosed timetable.
- Attendance is obligatory unless the teachers specify the lesson is optional such as Help Maths or ELS (English Language Support).
- The teachers will post the Zoom login details in the Teams app in the subject channels.
- If you have problems accessing the Teams app please contact your homeroom teacher.
- If you are not able to join the lesson due to some technical issues or other valid reasons, please report it to the subject teacher immediately. Your parents are expected to send an excuse note to the homeroom teacher.
- You are expected to obey the Web meeting rules and Zoom security instructions (enclosed in the ‘Web Meetings Netiquette’).
How to join the Zoom meeting
Zoom doesn’t require students to have individual accounts in order to join a meeting. You are expected to join the meeting from the Zoom official site:
- click on 'Join a meeting'
- enter Meeting ID and Meeting Passcode.
Guide for Online Learning
In order to help our students and parents to smoothly transition to online learning we have compiled the following documents:
ATL Guide for Online Learning
We advise our students to read it carefully because it encompasses all important rules, procedures and recommendations how to be a successful online learner with a focus on time-management, communication and affective skills along with the digital citizenship and netiquette awareness. It also contains some tips how to work in the Teams virtual classrooms.
Tips to Parents for Online Learning Success that might be helpful in encouraging your child to keep up a good work.
We wish you a successful start of the second term. See you online :)